Low volume spacer to be used with pMDI and/or nebulizers with a mechanical ventilation circuit
Developed to be used into both invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation circuits for pediatric care, the MinimHal® inhalation chamber allows pMDI and vibrating mesh nebulizer to be used simultaneously.
The MinimHal® inhalation chamber features
Aimed to be used in a mechanical ventilation circuit, the MinimHal® inhalation chamber targets to improve drugs deposition into the lungs for patients under respiratory assistance, especially in paediatrics units. This device allows pMDI and vibrating mesh nebulizer to be used simultaneously.
Device description and intended use
MinimHal® is an inhalation chamber which can be plugged in different positions into mechanical ventilation circuits (invasive or non-invasive). The low volume of the MinimHal® inhalation chamber especially allows it to be used in paediatrics.
This new device improves lung deposition. It also helps nursing staff by reducing the number of ventilation circuits handlings, especially when changing the type of drugs delivery (pMDI and nebulizer).
The MinimHal® inhalation chamber is mainly designed for children treated in Intensive Care Units (ICU) or under respiratory assistance.
Whose the MinimHal® inhalation chamber is it aimed for ?
The inhalation device MinimHal® has been especially designed for young patients who need to be treated by inhaled therapy during respiratory assistance. It notably may be used to deliver specially bronchodilators, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics by the inhalation way for ventilated patients.
Operating principles of the MinimHal® inhalation chamber
MinimHal is intentend to be included in several locations in a mechanical ventilation circuits (invasive or non-invasive). MinimHal® allows the use of a pMDI or a vibrating mesh nebulizer simultaneously or not.
MinimHal® has four entries. Two of them are for the mechanical ventilation circuit : one for the gas flow enter and the other for the gas flow exit. The other two connexions are for plugging a pMDI and a vibrating mesh nebulizer, such as Aerogen® Pro or Aerogen® Solo.
Benefits to the use of MinimHal® inhalation chamber :
The ability to connect both a vibrating mesh nebulizer and a pressurized metered dose inhaler with a single device in a mechanical ventilation circuit thanks to MinimHal® provides significant benefits for ventilated patients and care-givers in critical care units.
1. MinimHal® can be used with both a pressurized metered dose inhaler (pMDI) and a vibrating mesh nebulizer. The assembly of the mechanical ventilation circuit is then simplified using one device instead of two.
2. When positionned on the inspiratory branch, MinimHal does not require to be removed from the circuit thanks to its hermetics caps which ensure the tightness of the circuit.
3. In vitro studies performed with the MinimHal® spacer showed a higher aerosol delivery with both the pMDI and the vibrating mesh nebulizer in comparison with T connectors, traditionally used.
4. Thanks to its low volume of 60 mL, MinimHal® can be used in both an adult and a pediatric mechanical ventilation breathing system.
5. MinimHal, used with a vibrating mesh nebulizer or a pMDI, does not change the ventilators parameters.
6. Designed with a transparent material, MinimHal® make easier the monitoring of the mechanical ventilation circuit.
7. MinimHal® is made of lightweight material not to weight down on the mechanical ventilation circuit.
8. Thanks to its specific adaptor, MinimHal® can be used with the soft mist inhaler (Respimat®).
La marque de commerce MinimHal® est une marque de ProtecSom-OptimHal SAS.
La marque de commerce Aerogen® est une marque de The Aerogen Company Limited.